Struggling to for brand spanking new wholesome breakfast concepts? Or maybe you want a brand new wholesome snack? We now have you coated with these banana chocolate muffins. Oh yeah, and earlier than you cease studying, they’re additionally flourless, so that they’ll work for nearly many food plan restrictions.
This recipe is a 3-in-1 particular by delivering a handy, hearty and candy snack that can be a meal. With lower than 100 energy, you may have a pair muffins between lunch and dinner for a high-protein snack, with slightly chocolate to fulfill these mid-day cravings.
Really easy. So wholesome. And most significantly, so scrumptious.
Why it’s a Wholesome Recipe
These banana chocolate muffins are filled with fiber, wholesome fat and food-sourced protein, this muffin is a macronutrient balanced on-the-go meal.
The mixture of Greek yogurt and egg whites make this an awesome high-protein snack (in case you have at the very least 2-Three muffins). And the fiber-packed oats are nice any weight-management regime as a result of they assist decelerate digestion, which retains you feeling full for longer.
And though most oats include gluten—gasp!—the USDA claims that oats are important in a heart-healthy food plan, decreasing ldl cholesterol and lowering the danger of coronary coronary heart illness. (Or you may simply use a gluten-free possibility in case you have a gluten allergy.)
Banana Chocolate Muffins
Yields: 12 muffins
Prepare dinner time: 25 minutes
Serving dimension: 1 muffin
- 2 smashed further ripe bananas, yields about 3/four cup
- 1/4c non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. all-natural almond butter
- 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil (unrefined, cold-filtered)
- 1 c liquid egg whites
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. uncooked, unfiltered honey
- 1/2c oat flour + 1/4c outdated vogue oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. granular sugar substitute*
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1/four tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4c slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp. darkish chocolate chips**
*We used Swerve, erythritol-based sugar substitute.
**We used Get pleasure from Life dairy-, soy- and nut-free, semi-sweet chocolate chips.
1. Preheat oven to 375 levels. Line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
2. To make the oat flour merely add ½ cup of oats to a blender and pulse till easy.
3. In a big mixing bowl, add all moist substances, and stir till mixed. In one other bowl, combine collectively all of the dry substances. Then add within the dry bowl to the moist bowl, and blend till properly mixed. Gently fold in the entire oats, chocolate chips and almond slivers.
5. Divide the batter into the paper liners, about ½ to ¾ up the facet, utilizing a spoon or ice-cream scooper.
6. Bake for 20 minutes. Take away and let cool. Get pleasure from instantly, or retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as every week, or freeze.
Dietary Info & Macros
Dietary Info: Vegetarian, No Sugar Added, Gluten-Free (if gluten-free oats are used), Kosher
Macros per serving (1 muffin)
- 87 energy
- 3.6g fats
- 9.3g carbs
- 6g protein