Jicama (Hello-ku-mah) – root vegetable that’s juicy and crunchy, with a barely candy and nutty taste. Tastes like a cross between a potato and a pear… And it’s a wonderful supply of fiber and vitamin C!
Why I like it: Jicama is tremendous versatile and located at most grocery shops. Will be eaten uncooked as a snack, in salads, or cooked in stir fry. This jicama slaw has the recent style of summer time with cilantro and a crisp mixture of veggies.
Yields: 6-Eight servings
- 2 medium jicama (in regards to the dimension of a potato), peeled and julienned
- 1 cup crimson cabbage, julienned
- 2-Three small radishes, peel ON and julienned
- 1 giant carrot, ribbon lower with a vegetable peeler
- 1/Three cup cilantro (extra if you happen to like it), chopped
- 2 Tablespoons every avocado oil, rice vinegar, crimson wine vinegar
- Pinch of salt