Some meals sound too good to be wholesome. Fortunate for you, taste has by no means been depending on added sugars or different components that make you’re feeling responsible about what you’re consuming. In a world of carb-fear, any sort of wrap or bread-based product receives an unfair fame as “fattening.” Nothing might bar farther from the reality. Enter the buffalo hen quesadilla.
This recipe is the definition of stability: supply of carbs from the tortilla, a protein-packed (and flavorful) enhance from the buffalo hen, and a few monounsaturated-rich avocado, and you’ve got a meal that matches any macronutrient plan.
The bonus: the shredded buffalo hen is flexible for a lot of completely different recipes. Make lettuce wraps for an excellent gluten-free snack at work; function a dip with carrots, celery or rice chips on the subsequent social gathering; or, wrap it up and grill the skin for added crunch.
Step 1: Methods to Make Buffalo Hen
- Four hen breasts
- 1 ½ c Frank’s sizzling sauce
- Sprint of every of the next:
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
Step 2: Methods to Make Buffalo Hen Quesadillas
- 3-Four oz. (about 1/Three cup) shredded buffalo hen
- 2 flourless sprouted grain tortillas*
- ¼ avocado, sliced skinny
- 1 tbsp reduced-fat blue cheese crumbles
*I used “Meals for Life” Ezekiel 4.9 sprouted grain tortillas. Be at liberty to make use of brown rice tortilla for a gluten-free different.
Diet Data and Macros
Dietary data: Nut-free
- 2 6’’ Ezekiel wrap: 160 cal, 2g fats, 28g carb, 6g protein
- ¼ avocado: 45 energy, 4.5 g fats, 2.5g carbs, 0.6g protein
- 1 tbsp blue cheese: 2g fats, 0g carb, 2.3g protein
- Three ozchicken: 142 energy, 3.1g fats, Zero carbs, 26.7g protein
Complete: 369 energy, 11.6g fats, 30.5g carbs, 6g fiber, 36g protein